Australian Regional Media partnered with Tourism and Events Queensland, along with the Gladstone Region Tourist Office to get locals out and about in their own backyard.
Tourism and Events Queensland, along with the Gladstone Region Tourist Office, wanted to increase local visitation and spending and entice people to get out, explore, and get involved in activities in and around the Gladstone region.
Gladstone residents are 3x more likely to holiday within their own state when compared to their Brisbane counterparts.
The Gladstone Bucket List! A three week online campaign encouraged people to nominate their favourite activities on the Gladstone “Bucket List”. Results featured on The Observer’s website, plus our editor undertook the #1 voted activity, and showcased their experience across print and online.
In one market, we generated over:
- 15,491 social impacts
- Over 5x average social media engagement rate
- 1683 article reads on the Gladstone Bucket List
- 222% increase in engagement on Gladstone Region’s social media pages
- 44% increase in month on month visits to the Gladstone Region’s website
- 10% increase in people through the visitor centre in Gladstone